In 2013 while I was visiting family in the States I got to check out Anthro's latest ornament assortment for the Holidays. Every time I go in Anthro there are dozens of adorable single-letter monogram goodies to get me excited! ...Sadly, 99% of the time I never like the color combo of the letters I want for myself! When I saw the confetti dotted yarn ornaments (below) I loved the concept but wasn't willing to pay $8 for essentially 20ft of yarn. I knew this was one Anthro item I could DIY myself with pleasing results.
The best thing about DIY-ing something is the ability to make it any size or colour you like!
To DIY my own confetti yarn monogram ornaments I used:
- clear tacky craft glue
- assorted mini felt poms and/or plastic jewels
- plastic yarn needle
- Draw desired letter on cardboard
- cut out letter
- wrap yarn around cardboard
- to cover exposed left-over areas use shorter pieces of yarn and the needle
- glue poms or plastic rhinestones to front of letter
- let dry according to instructions on your glue bottle
- voila! done!
The final cost for 2 letters was about $2
What letters and colour combos are you planning to make?
These would also look cute as gift toppers or to take to a dirty santa exchange don't you think?!