Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Instagram Re-cap - Summer Uniform

Summer isn't QUITE over but I've been wearing the same basic looks this entire year!
Here are the items I loved for June-August 2013 and why...


1. My Long bob - It didn't end up being as cool (temperature-wise) as I was expecting. My hair is really thick and does strange curling things on it's own so even though the bob ended up resting right on my neck and making the weather feel unbearable it at least looked good even in the humidity because there were LESS locks to look crazy!

2. Chino shorts - I basically have lived in Vineyard Vines all Summer and once I discovered THESE shorts I was in love. They're the perfect length and material and have stood up to countless washings & even though they're 100% cotton they didn't shrink the time I accidentally threw them in the dryer on high!

3. Arm Parties - Self explanatory! Right now I'm on a gold kick and loving chains or leather. The more the merrier!

4. Nautical Theme - You can't really go wrong with a sea-faring vibe as far as clothes for Summer! Blue and white stripes, coral, red and anchor motifs are the best

5. My 'Birkin' Inspired Bag - It's not THE Birkin bag from Hermes but it's inspired by the same iconic design and made by an Italian leather company called Vera Pelle. I first discovered them in Venice last March and brought home gloves & a cross-body bag. Ever since March though I have wanted to kick myself for not purchasing their Birkin inspired design called the 'TL bag'. 
NEVER have (or ever will) purchase a 'knock-off' (a fake bag which carries the logo of the company it's attempting to imitate) because I respect the time and energy it takes to create something of value; however there are plenty of legitimate handbags who simply give a nod in design to classic, well-known items (such as the very much copied Celine bags!) So when I found the same Vera Pelle 'TL bag' made of navy blue leather in Prague a few weeks ago at a tiny boutique I had to have it! I felt the Universe giving me a second chance! One day I'd love to own an actual Hermes Birkin but it's simply not in my budget right now.

< Clothing shown in photos > 
whale motif polo by Vineyard Vines / tan handbag by Michael Kors / striped sweater by Esprit / Watches both by Fossil / Bracelets by Pandora, J.Crew, Glitter&Bow Goody Bar, Anthropologie, vintage / blue handbag by Vera Pelle / shorts by Vineyard Vines / anchor motif tee by Banana Republic / sandals by Steve Madden / sunnies by Anthropologie / nail varnish by Essie 'really red' /

What have been your go-to style choices this Summer?


post signature